Monday, February 06, 2017

Interlude?

So the roof is re-shingled and it looks great. But there are several other projects the contractor is supposed to do, but I haven't heard a word since the roofers finished last Tuesday. I'm not worried. We're also waiting to find out if the insurance company is going to foot the bill for a LARGE project that became obviously necessary once they'd got the old shingles off - there were three layers instead of just the one.

So I wait. There is still some material, and a wheelbarrow and a ladder, here, so I assume they'll be back when all the ducks have got in line.

Mood-wise, the third antidepressant seems to be doing its job. I'm feeling more like me than I have for a year. And I'm resuming some of my grown-up habits I was secretly proud of developing before the black dog bit me. My spirits are much better, even though my country's agony under the putsch harrows me daily.  I do what I can to help resist. I wish I could do more. But my year's inactivity has taken its toll on my very body - I'm going to have to build up my muscle strength gradually because I'm weaker now, and have very little stamina. And there's an ever-growing list of home projects I need to address; so much piled up while I was depressed, I can't believe it. Ah well, I'll plug along and do the best I can.

I am so glad the black dog went away!

No comments: