Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-bye 2011

So everyone does end of the year wrap-ups. I'm not so into those for myself. I will say, for starting out so badly for me personally (fell on black ice and dislocated my elbow Jan. 28th, thus sidelined for 6 weeks), it has ended up significantly better (not difficult, given Jan. 28th). I retired Dec. 16th and am still adjusting to that, but I think it is going to be terrific.

In terms of life on Earth, I don't think it's been a very good year in some respects. We've all lived with all the bad news so I won't bother to reiterate that.

I am however, as always, so grateful for the people in my life. My family, my friends at my former job and from other circles (science fiction friends, writers, knitters, French students & teacher, etc.) and from years gone by. No one is luckier than I. I am a billionaire in friends!

If my hopes and plans develop as I'm intending, 2012 is going to be a major year for me. We'll see.

I don't make New Years' resolutions.

Thank all of my friends and acquaintances for enriching my life beyond measure. I only hope I deserve your love and kindness.

And I wanted to update my States I've Been to  map:



visited 31 states (62%)
Create your own visited map of The United States!

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: