Monday, July 15, 2013

To my further surprise

black bean stew
And here I was, thinking how hard it was going to be to top the excitement of my last post (about my knee, remember? That I posted like half an hour ago?) when it suddenly hit me: I HAVE a slam-bang exciting thing to blog about ALREADY! What I'm going to have for dinner! OMG IKNOWRIGHT?
fried rice
Well, in my little world this *is* exciting because I've been getting pretty bored with my own cooking. Still, I need to eat healthier, and more economically. Guess what, people: vegetarian!!! I've been making large amounts of one dinner and portioning it into $1-aisle home TV dinner containers. This also saves me money because I don't have to cook for like, four nights straight, I can just microwave my TV dinner!
corn bread
This time, it's going to be: black bean stew, fried rice, corn bread, and baked squash. It doesn't get any healthier than that. Or easier! And this will make like, 8 TV dinners. I've got a few of the last go-round's chicken dinners in the freezer still, so I can have a little variety. And if I intersperse those with a Big Salad night now & then, I'm set for two weeks with tasty, cheap, healthy and easy meals! And what could be more exciting than that?
baked squash

No comments: