Monday, January 20, 2014

Stamping and snorting in the starting gate

Yesterday I finished the last of the antibiotics. I'm hoping that means the painful heartburn will soon be totally in the past. It's not manifested today. Yet.

But I feel great! It is SO NICE not feeling cruddy, or in pain, or feverish. All this enforced inactivity has my bod wanting to boogy, though, and my mind obsessively creating To Do lists. I know my stamina isn't even at the relatively low level it was before I got sick, though, so I'm sharply limiting what I put on my daily list.

Last year, or maybe the year before that, I set up weekly chore reminders on my PDA. Rather like the old tea-towel embroidery mantras: Monday is Laundry Day, Tuesday is Ironing Day, etc. etc (except I rarely iron anything unless it's something I'm sewing nowadays) - one chore per day (Sundays off).


Which, honestly, I largely ignored. I did stuff when I felt like it.

While I've been sick I just deleted those day by day. I think I'm ready to pick up that schedule again, and ease back into a "normal" routine.

But it is so good to feel so good!

AND the past few nights, the moon has been shining directly in on me around 3, 4 a.m. (I generally am up for about two minutes in that time span. I leave the reason to your common sense.) I like the moon, and moonlight.

And I'm getting hungry for some socializing too. There may be two events in February when I get to hang out with some of my favorite people - I hope they pan out!

No comments: