Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Scrambled week

Wednesday's supposed to be a writing update, but I worked very little on the NaNo novel while visiting my family the past 7 days. I did make some notes, and added a few hundred words. Wrote a post-visit précis on the plane coming home last night in my journal. While there we saw "The Martian" and OMG do I love that movie. I may have mentioned that on the blog already, I can't remember. I'm crazy with fatigue. In Omaha time, I got up in California at 5 a.m. Tuesday and didn't get home until 1 a.m. Wednesday. I can't even figure out how many hours that is awake.

I did get a good bit done on the November Self-Imposed Sock Club Sock No. 1 while gone, and it had the added benefit of generating a delightful conversation with a young lady who'd (unbeknownst to me) been watching me knit on it in the airport gate, and who was very impressed (very flattering) and who said she'd only knitted a scarf and was working on an afghan now. She hadn't heard of Ravelry, so I gave her the address for that. So we got to talk about knitting for awhile, always fun. I didn't knit on the plane because the 16 rows I did in the airport about killed my hands. I need to get this trigger-finger fixed!

Got my one kitty home from the boarders, and my stay-at-home cat has finally settled down now that his favorite napping place, the cat-carrier, has returned. He's been driving me nuts since I got home, poor baby. I'm sure he's never been alone that long before. My sweet sis-in-law came over & visited him several times and he had everything he needed - except me and his little sister. Now he's napping, and SHE is driving me crazy. But we're going to have a nap, too, very soon now so she should settle down when she finds that out, too.

So that's it for this post.

No comments: