Monday, November 04, 2013

Day 4 NaNo Goal Reached!

I spent ten minutes before my writing session, trying to figure out why Scrivener wouldn't show me the 1667 words per day target in its Session Targets panel. It was only after fruitlessly searching the Scriv for Dummies book AND my class notes from the online course I took on Scriv, that I realized, Scriv was doing exactly what it's supposed to do: it's dividing the number of words left to the novels' goal (50,000) by the number of days until midnight, November 30! So of course, since I've been writing a bit more than 1667 per night, it's going to tell me my *session* goal is less than 1667.

DUH!

At least I got that little burr out from under my saddle.

I don't know about this novel. It's not bending to my will much, even though I'm enjoying it quite a bit. Maybe it'll end up being something entirely different than I'd imagined. I guess I'll find out.

No comments: