Tuesday, November 08, 2011

No new words tonight - I had a plumber in to fix something here, and I bought a couple of ebooks on how to use the writer's program Scrivener, which is one of those incredibly powerful tools that have umpteen functions and layers and all kinds of adaptability etc etc, but which you can also just climb up on and start 'er up - but I spent an hour studying the first ebook. I needed one night off, and I was 1.75 days ahead of the standard NaNoWriMo goal of 1667 words a day, and even using my own personal goal of 2000 words a day, I'm still 785 words ahead. Back to the grindstone tomorrow night! I aim to win NaNo this year - if ONLY to get the 50% discount on the actual Scrivener program (they're letting NaNo writers use it for NaNoWriMo to see how we like it; it doesn't have all the functions and features of the purchased version but ye gods, there's way more than I'll ever use anyway).

So, anyway, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it. My imagination will be better for the rest, believe me.

No comments: