Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pounding down the words!

In two two-hour sessions today (one more yet to go!) I have written (officially, using the NaNoWriMo word counter) 5,038 words! Woo hoo! Another 2500 in the last session tonight, and I will have achieved today's goals!

I can DO this! 8^D

And just to add to the silliness, I'm posting a photo of the NaNo badges I've earned so far this time:



"Oh, my," you say, "How do you earn such wonderful badges?"

Well, starting at the top left, I earned these badges for:

NaNo Socializing (dragging a family member or friend into NaNoWriMo -- which I consider I've done since I assembled my crack Support Team of five friends and relatives!)

Caffeine Abuse (Consuming dangerous amounts of coffee, tea, or caffeinated soda in my quest for 50 K) -- oh, yeah.

Procrastination (Skipping writing for more than 3 days) -- hang my head in shame, it has nothing even remotely to do with vacuuming (though doing housework instead of writing is one of the ways you earn this badge...if you're not me)

Word-Count Padding (I did the writing out contractions option for this one. It's amazing how many words you gain with one little keyboard trick!)

THE RALLY BADGE!!! I am so proud of this one!!! I got it by having a 5,000 word day (today!)!

And, the Secret Noveling badge, and how I earned this one I'm not going to be specific about, 'k? Thx.

I can't decide whether to iron these badges onto my Camp NaNoWriMo tee shirt, or to leave them loose so I can re-earn them next year. Probably the latter.

No comments: